The new Management Knowledge Transfer Partnership (mKTP)
Innovate UK has announced a new initiative, Management Knowledge Transfer Partnership (Management KTP), to enable transformational improvement by identifying key, strategic, management-based initiatives to increase business effectiveness.
Management KTPs create a dynamic 3-way partnership between your company, a team of academic experts and a skilled graduate. The Management KTP focus’ specifically on increasing effectiveness and improving results through better management practices.
By getting involved, business schools can benefit from:
- Business relevant teaching and research, and the ability to apply knowledge and expertise to real-world problems
- On average three new research projects and two research papers created for each KTP project
- Source of valuable research income
- Identifying new research themes and contributing to the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Leading a rewarding and ongoing collaboration with innovative companies requiring research-based expertise to succeed
- Publishing high quality journals and conference papers.
The programme will seek to build up a strong and varied range of initiatives between 2019 and 2025.
For more information about the programme, visit: https://www.ktp-uk.org/mktp/
There are also a number of other resources available:
We'll be exploring the practicalities and challenges for business schools in developing and implementing mKTPs at our upcoming workshop. Click here to find out how we'll be exploring how business schools can maximise the value of these partnerships.