Terms and Conditions – Website Users and Subscribers
These terms and conditions are applicable to all Chartered ABS websites (including charteredabs.org and smallbusinesscharter.org). The Chartered ABS reserves the right to alter, amend or add to any of these conditions. Should any question arise, whether provided for in these conditions or not, the decision of the Chartered ABS shall be final.
Section 1: General information
- Registrations to use and access features on the Chartered ABS and Small Business Charter websites and to subscribe to newsletters are made via the Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter websites. Once you have checked the box to accept these terms and conditions we will consider a registration to have been made and these terms will be enforceable.
- We include a ‘registration’ to be any personal data submitted to us through one of our forms on the Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter websites, including:
- Academic Journal Guide form
- Website user form
- Website job posting form
- Newsletter sign-up form
- Contact us/enquiries form
- Membership application form
- Small Business Charter ‘post an event’ submission form
- Other registration forms used from time to time to give individuals access to our websites or to register interest in our products or services.
- Registrations for our conferences, events and development programmes have separate terms & conditions. These can be found on the registration forms for our events. If you have registered for an event and would like to be reminded of our Event Terms and Conditions please click here.
- Payment for Chartered ABS events are due in £ sterling and can be made by credit card or invoice. Payment is due within 30 days of the date of invoice or 14 days before the event, whichever is earlier.
- If you do not attend an event you will still be liable for the full fee. Please see section on cancellations and transfers below.
- If you have any questions about payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I want to cancel or amend my booking?
- All requests to cancel or amend a booking must be made in writing.
- If you cancel your place at a Chartered ABS event (excluding Development Programmes) more than 21 days before the event you will receive a full refund less a deduction of £99 as a handling and administration fee
- If you cancel your place at one of the four Development Programmes (Leaders in Learning and Teaching; Deans & Directors Development Programme; Development Programme for Directors of Research; International Deans Programme) more than 21 days before the start of the first module you will receive a credit note for the value of the fee less a deduction of £99 as a handling and administration fee. We do not offer refunds for our Development Programmes. The credit note, which is valid for 24 months from date of issue, should be passed directly to your finance team for processing. Depending on how your institution processes credit notes, it will either be held on the system to offset against a future event booked by either you or a colleague, or applied to an existing outstanding balance on the account. This is something you would need to discuss with your finance team when you pass them the credit note. We are unable to apply credit notes for you.
- Cancellations received 21 days or less before any Chartered ABS event (including Development Programmes) are subject to the full event fee.
- Participant transfers:
- If you cannot attend an event you can transfer your place to a colleague from your institution. Substitutions on the day of the event are made at the Chartered ABS’ discretion.
- You are not able to transfer your place to another event without the express agreement of the Chartered ABS.
- It is your responsibility to attend the event for which you are registered. The Chartered ABS does not offer a credit note for non-attendance.
What if the event is postponed or cancelled?
- If, for reasons beyond our control, we need to alter the date of the event we will offer you the choice of a free transfer to the new date or a refund
- If, due to floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or threats of any such acts, any strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action and a pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness, the event is cancelled we will refund the cost of your ticket. However, the Chartered ABS will retain up to 50% of the registration fee to help offset unavoidable event costs.
- Should an event be cancelled or postponed we will not be liable for any costs (eg travel or accommodation) that you have already incurred.
Section 2: Protecting your data
The Chartered Association of Business Schools is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy.
Our mission is “the advancement of education for the public benefit”, specifically in relation to business and management education. We only collect personal information for the purposes of our mission and objectives. If we process your personal data, including storing your data or contacting you, we do so because we believe your profession or interests relate to our mission and is therefore of benefit to you as well as the wider public.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is ‘legitimate interest’ and is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and UK data protection law.
What personal data do we collect from you and why?
- When you register for the Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter websites or subscribe to our newsletters we request the following pieces of information. These details will be added to our database so that we know who you are and so that we can keep in touch with you about our work which we hope will be relevant and of interest to you. The information we may collect is as follows:
- Job title
- Postal address (usually work)
- Phone number
- It is your responsibility to provide up-to-date contact and other information at registration and to maintain that data by advising the Chartered ABS of any changes.
What do we use your personal data for?
- We use your personal data to provide you with the service for which you have registered. We also use your data to help us understand who uses our services.
- We will not sell your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How can you change your preferences, opt-out or update the data we hold on you?
- If you would like to change your preferences about the information we send you or opt-out altogether from receiving communications about the work we do to support business schools, you can. If your details have changed you can ask us to update the records we hold. To do so please contact us by:
- emailing email@example.com; or
- call +44 020 7236 7678; or
- click ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt out’ on the marketing emails we send you.
Section 3: Equal opportunities
Equality and Diversity Policy
- We are committed to creating a culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted and in which unlawful discrimination are not tolerated.
- We aim to ensure that individuals are treated solely on the basis of their abilities and skills and nobody is discriminated against on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- We promote a supportive environment for staff, members and visitors.
- As a registrant who participates on a Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter website (for example, by commenting on an article) you must abide by these principles.
- We ensure our work is delivered in a way that will not subject participants or visitors to discrimination. There is every effort made to ensure there is no inadvertent discrimination or stereotyping.
- We endeavour to ensure that everyone has fair and equal access to our services.
Breach of Equality and Diversity Policy
- The Chartered ABS will take seriously any instances of alleged non-adherence to the Equality and Diversity policy by staff, members, subscribers or visitors. Any alleged breaches of this policy should be reported to the Chief Executive.
- Any instances of alleged non-adherence will be investigated and where appropriate will be considered under the relevant disciplinary policy for staff.
- With regard to any breach of the policy by visitors, participants, members or subscribers the Chartered ABS will take appropriate action in relation to the nature of the incident.
Section 4: Contact us
If you have any questions about these terms & conditions or our work or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 207 236 7678.
Updated 15 October 2020