Terms and Conditions – Website Users and Subscribers
These terms and conditions are applicable to all Chartered ABS websites (including charteredabs.org and smallbusinesscharter.org). The Chartered ABS reserves the right to alter, amend or add to any of these conditions. Should any question arise, whether provided for in these conditions or not, the decision of the Chartered ABS shall be final.
Section 1: General information
- Registrations to use and access features on the Chartered ABS and Small Business Charter websites and to subscribe to newsletters are made via the Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter websites. Once you have checked the box to accept these terms and conditions we will consider a registration to have been made and these terms will be enforceable.
- We include a ‘registration’ to be any personal data submitted to us through one of our forms on the Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter websites, including:
- Academic Journal Guide form
- Website user form
- Website job posting form
- Newsletter sign-up form
- Contact us/enquiries form
- Membership application form
- Small Business Charter ‘post an event’ submission form
- Other registration forms used from time to time to give individuals access to our websites or to register interest in our products or services.
- Registrations for our conferences, events and development programmes have separate terms & conditions. These can be found on the registration forms for our events. If you have registered for an event and would like to be reminded of our Event Terms and Conditions please click here.
Section 2: Protecting your data
The Chartered Association of Business Schools is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy.
Our mission is “the advancement of education for the public benefit”, specifically in relation to business and management education. We only collect personal information for the purposes of our mission and objectives. If we process your personal data, including storing your data or contacting you, we do so because we believe your profession or interests relate to our mission and is therefore of benefit to you as well as the wider public.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is ‘legitimate interest’ and is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and UK data protection law.
What personal data do we collect from you and why?
- When you register for the Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter websites or subscribe to our newsletters we request the following pieces of information. These details will be added to our database so that we know who you are and so that we can keep in touch with you about our work which we hope will be relevant and of interest to you. The information we may collect is as follows:
- Job title
- Postal address (usually work)
- Phone number
- It is your responsibility to provide up-to-date contact and other information at registration and to maintain that data by advising the Chartered ABS of any changes.
What do we use your personal data for?
- We use your personal data to provide you with the service for which you have registered. We also use your data to help us understand who uses our services.
- We will not sell your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How can you change your preferences, opt-out or update the data we hold on you?
- If you would like to change your preferences about the information we send you or opt-out altogether from receiving communications about the work we do to support business schools, you can. If your details have changed you can ask us to update the records we hold. To do so please contact us by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- call +44 020 7236 7678; or
- click ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt out’ on the marketing emails we send you.
Section 3: Equal opportunities
Equality and Diversity Policy
- We are committed to creating a culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted and in which unlawful discrimination are not tolerated.
- We aim to ensure that individuals are treated solely on the basis of their abilities and skills and nobody is discriminated against on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- We promote a supportive environment for staff, members and visitors.
- As a registrant who participates on a Chartered ABS or Small Business Charter website (for example, by commenting on an article) you must abide by these principles.
- We ensure our work is delivered in a way that will not subject participants or visitors to discrimination. There is every effort made to ensure there is no inadvertent discrimination or stereotyping.
- We endeavour to ensure that everyone has fair and equal access to our services.
Breach of Equality and Diversity Policy
- The Chartered ABS will take seriously any instances of alleged non-adherence to the Equality and Diversity policy by staff, members, subscribers or visitors. Any alleged breaches of this policy should be reported to the Chief Executive.
- Any instances of alleged non-adherence will be investigated and where appropriate will be considered under the relevant disciplinary policy for staff.
- With regard to any breach of the policy by visitors, participants, members or subscribers the Chartered ABS will take appropriate action in relation to the nature of the incident.
Section 4: Contact us
If you have any questions about these terms & conditions or our work or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or call +44 (0) 207 236 7678.
Updated 23 May 2018