New board members, Chair recruitment process and engagement update
We are delighted to announce the following appointments to the SBC Management Board:
- Professor Simon Collinson, Birmingham Business School and Chair of Chartered ABS
- Professor Eleanor Shaw, Strathclyde Business School, Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Professor Lynn Martin, Manchester Metropolitan University Centre for Enterprise
- Joe Hall, Halls Bakery Ltd
- Karen Bill, Enterprise Educators UK (co-opted)
- Sheila Quairney, Enterprise Educators UK (co-opted)
- Professor Angus Laing, Lancaster University Management School (co-opted)
David Laurie has stepped down as Vice-Chair of the board and Stuart Miller has been appointed as Interim Vice-Chair. We thank David for his support and we are grateful to Stuart for his ongoing commitment.
We have received a good response to the vacancy for Chair of the board and a sub-committee is currently shortlisting candidates prior to conducting interviews.
Engagement activities update
Since our last update in November we have continued to meet with Chartered ABS members from across the network, as well as meeting with relevant stakeholders.
We recently met with Keele Management School, Cumbria Business School, Strathclyde Business School, Stirling Management School, UWS Business School, Edinburgh Napier Business School, Worcester Business School, Portsmouth Business School, University of Edinburgh Business School, University of Dundee Business School, Queens University Management School, Winchester Business School, Staffordshire Business School, Claude Littner Business School and Middlesex Business School.
NACUE Varsity Pitch: we attended a lively event at the NACUE Varsity Pitch showcasing student enterprise.
Federation of Small Businesses: we met with members of the team at the FSB to build on our relationship with them and continue to look at opportunities to raise awareness of Charter Award holding business schools and build the profile of the Small Business Charter.