NACUE Varsity Pitch Competition
The hunt is on for the best student and graduate business ideas!
Are you a current UEA student, or did you graduate after 2012? Whether you're running a business, or believe that you have a cracking idea with great potential, you could be in with a chance of winning £10,000, incredible networking opportunities and the status of winning a major national competition.
The NACUE Varsity Pitch has officially launched, and is among the largest business competitions for students and graduates, celebrating high potential, early stage ventures coming out of colleges and universities across the UK.
Seize the opportunity to practice your pitching skills, gain feedback on your venture and get your idea in front of some influential people. The winner will take home £10,000, a national title and opportunities to make some important connections.
The first stage of the competition is as simple as you like: all you need to do is submit a 60 second video pitch by 19 July, and select 2 categories which best describe your venture / idea (inc. ‘Social Impact’, ‘Genuine Innovation’, and ‘Digital & Technical’).
Following this, all entries will be given the opportunity to share their pitch with the wider community through the exciting Lloyd’s Online People’s Vote beginning 5 October. The entry with the highest number of votes will be fast-tracked with a guaranteed place at the national final during Global Entrepreneurship Week in November.
On 13 October, a shortlist of 30 semi-finalists will be announced, and in the following week those shortlisted ventures will have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of judges. Following this, 6 finalists and the Lloyd’s Online People’s Vote winner will all be invited to an exclusive Bootcamp on 31 October, allowing businesses to gain valuable 1-2-1 mentoring and top tips from experts in various industries.
The winning entry will then be crowned at the Grand Final during Global Entrepreneurship Week in November, at which all finalists will deliver a pitch to an audience of executives, VIPs and other members of the NACUE community.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Enter your 60 second video pitch through the NACUE website. The deadline for entries is midday, 19 July 2017.
Competition key dates
- 6 June - 19 July: Competition open for entries
- 5 - 11 October: The Lloyd's People's Vote opens, giving the team with the highest votes the chance to be fast-tracked straight to the final
- 13 October: 30 entries will be announced for the semi-final shortlist
- 18 October: Semi-finals will take place, from which 5 businesses per category will be selected to deliver a 2 minute pitch
- 31 October: Shortlisted businesses will take part in a Bootcamp, practice their pitch and gain valuable business plan feedback from a panel of mentors
- 13- 17 November: the Grand Final will take place during Global Entrepreneurship Week